Professional insurance services
With our expert knowledge and over 40 years experience in the pet industry, we can provide you with a policy structured exclusively for your pet-related business.
Our tailored pet-related business insurance covers;
As one of Australia’s most trusted and long-standing pet insurers with 40 years in the business, we know what pet owners, and their providers need in an insurer. Pets are at the heart of our business, just as they are for you as a pet professional. We have a proven track record in providing tailored solutions to a wide variety of pet businesses including vets, breeders, groomers, animal trainers and many more. If you have a pet-centred business, we can help you.
See below for our comprehensive range of insurances that can be tailor-made, just for you.
Damage to buildings, contents and stock caused by fire & perils and accidental damage. Includes:
- Automatic Removal of Debris;
- Accidental Damage;
- Temporary removal cover up to 20% of your sum insured, covered for 90 days.
The shortfall in your business income caused by the interruption to your business following an insured loss. Includes:
- Cover following a loss under Fire, Money, Burglary, Glass, Electronic Equipment and Property sections of the policy;
- Cover for Gross Profit, Gross Revenue, Payroll and Gross Rental income;
- Accountants fees;
- Additional increased cost of working.
Theft and Money
Theft of your business contents, stock and money. Includes:
- Seasonal increases of 50% above your sum insured for 60 days before Christmas, and 30 days before Good Friday;
- Replacement of locks and keys.
Breakage of internal and external glass and signs. Includes:
- Temporary boarding;
- Replacement of damaged window frames.
Your legal liability to pay compensation for personal injury or property damage. Includes:
- Limits up to $20,000,000;
- Cover for Third Party pets in your Care, Custody and Control (Petcover Exclusive).
For those items of equipment that are not always located at your business premises, General Property provides cover for accidental loss of, accidental damage to and theft of nominated items, such as general property or stock, occurring worldwide.
Business Practices/Management Liability:
You as a business owner can be held responsible for not only your own actions but also action of others. Provides cover for defence costs as well as fines or penalties arising out of a breach of an Act of Parliament including:
- Occupational Health & Safety Act (if workers compensation investigate your business following an injury to an employee/contractor);
- Chain of Responsibility;
- Environmental Protection Agency;
- Liability for damages and legal costs incurred due to Employment Practices, i.e. wrongful termination, failure to promote, refusal to employ, demotion, harassment (including invasion of privacy), unlawful bullying etc;
- Protects directors’ and employees’ personal assets from wrongful acts undertaken in performing their duties of responsibility.
Professional Indemnity insurance is designed for professionals who provide advice or a service to their customers. It is designed to protect you against legal costs and claims for damages to third parties which may arise out of an act, omission or breach of professional duty in the course of your business.