Petcover breeder charter
As one of our breeder partners, you are able to offer 6 weeks free introductory insurance cover to your customers for their new puppy or kitten. This provides cover for veterinary fees associated with unexpected illness and injuries. In association with our Terms & Conditions our Breeder Charter outlines our expectations of breeders issuing our 6 weeks free introductory cover.
About the puppy/kitten
As a Breeder you are satisfied that to the best of your knowledge and veterinary advice that all puppies/kittens sold:
- Are in good health and have not been exposed to any infectious or contagious diseases prior to sale.
- Have been vaccinated as per standard veterinary recommendation.
- Show no signs of infestation by fleas, lice, mites or intestinal worms.
- Are not sold prior to reaching 8 weeks of age.
- Have been socialised and handled regularly since birth.
Before the sale
- You have advised the new owners of the breed characteristics and needs such as grooming, exercise, diet, housing and training to ensure that the prospective owner is aware of the commitment they are undertaking.
- Discuss any defects or any other matters a breeder of reasonable experience would consider relevant to the new owners decision to purchase the puppy/kitten in accordance with responsible breeding practices.
- Provided details of any veterinary attention the puppy/kitten has had and if requested provide details of your vet so the new owners can ask questions.
- Provide details of vaccination, worming, flea and any other preventative health treatment given to the puppy/kitten.
- Where applicable supply the new owner with registration and pedigree certificates and information regarding health screening of the puppy/kitten or its parents if they have been screened clear of a particular disease/anomaly.
- Recommend suitable training and/or breed clubs.
- Provide a suitable puppy/kitten contract.
By offering Petcover introductory cover to your customers you agree
- To follow the guidelines as set out in this charter
- To abide by the Petcover Breeder Program Terms & Conditions at all times.