Vet program terms and conditions
For veterinarians setting up four week introductory insurance policies
This introductory insurance cover facility is offered in good faith to Veterinarians for their clients as an introduction to the benefits of having an insured pet. By setting up the insurance for the puppies and kittens of your clients you acknowledge and agree to abide by these terms and conditions.
You must be a current approved member of the Petcover Veterinary Partners Program.
The program is available to puppies and kittens.
All animals must have been examined by a veterinarian employed by your clinic.
- Puppies and kittens must be aged between 8 weeks and under 1 year of age at the start of the policy.
Your client must be a New Zealand resident and 18 years of age or older.
Your client has authorised you to set up the insurance cover.
Privacy and Legal
By Setting up a Petcover Four Weeks Introductory Cover you acknowledge that you will be disclosing your client’s personal information to Petcover.
The personal information provided by you will be used in accordance with our full Privacy Notice (below).
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have sought permission from the new owner to set up the Petcover Four Weeks Introductory Cover and have confirmed that they are happy for their information to be shared with us.
Please refer the customer to our Privacy Notice which is included in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) sent to them and available on our website.
- You will set up introductory policies in accordance with these terms and conditions and advise them about the about the Introductory Cover prior to its inception by you.
- You will not knowingly omit or misrepresent material facts about the animal’s state of health.
- You will not provide advice about the Introductory Cover or any other insurance product offered by us, and
- You will not recommend a specific insurance product or insurance provider.
Setting up, amending or cancelling the cover
- You can set up the introductory cover up to 24 hours after the date of your examination of the pet only. The start date of the policy will be the date of the examination.
- Animals should be in good health and have shown no clinical signs or symptoms of any illness or injury.
- Any clinical signs, symptoms, illnesses or injuries must be disclosed to us.
- When the cover is set up we shall send a email to the new owner that:
- Confirms the cover has been set up and will start on the date as specified by you.
- Details the policy number and the expiry date of the introductory cover
- A Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) & Financial Services Guide (FSG) which outlines the full terms and conditions.
- Our details and those of the insurer.
- If you become aware of any errors or omissions, please contact us.
If you become aware of any errors or omissions, please contact us by calling 0800 255 426 or email us [email protected]
You agree to comply with the guidelines as set out in the Petcover Veterinary Partners Program Charter.
We reserve the right at our sole discretion without notice or liability to:
- Withdraw the Four Week Introductory Insurance facility at any time.
- Change or remove any offer, benefits or items associated with the Petcover Veterinary Partners Program, and/or
- Change the terms and conditions.
When you use this facility and set up insurance cover you must adhere to the terms and conditions and must not deliberately misrepresent or omit any material facts about the puppy/kittens state of health or knowingly provide incorrect information which may prejudice our decision to accept the insurance cover.
If you do, we reserve the right to:
- Refuse or withdraw permanently access to the Petcover Veterinary Partners Program and the Introductory Cover facility at any time, and/or
- Cease any further rewards.
You agree to provide us with information when requested if necessary so we can access factual information in support of any claim on a Four Week Introductory Cover set up by you or a subsequent annual policy set up by the new owner.
We continually monitor claims made on the Four Week Introductory policies and based on the claims experience from the policies set up by you we may withdraw access to the Petcover Veterinary Partners Program and the Introductory Cover facility.
As a member of our Petcover Veterinary Partners Program and the Introductory Cover facility you warrant:
- You adhere to the values, principles and standards of the Veterinary Council of New Zealand Members Code of Professional Conduct.
- You have never been and are not currently the subject of any investigations by any Veterinary Board or any other legislative body.