Make an insurance claim
Going to the vet can be stressful, so we’ve made making a claim easy. We are here to help you along the way.
Making a claim
To make a claim, please click to view the relevant interactive claim form below, simply type in all the information, and save it to your computer.
Attach the itemised invoices, vet consultation notes as well as other relevant supporting documentation. You can take a photo with your mobile or scan your supporting documents. If it is your first claim with Petcover, we ask you to supply a full veterinary history and attach it to your claim.
Email your completed claim form and supporting documents to [email protected]
If required, you can post your claim to:
Petcover Pet Insurance
PO Box 112250
Please note posted claims will take longer to reach us.
If you post your claim, we recommend you keep a copy of the claim form and invoices.
Processing your claim
Once you have submitted your claim, we will contact you about the outcome of your claim.
How your claim will be paid
If you have elected to pay your premium by direct debit, your benefits will be paid directly into your nominated bank account.
If you pay your policy other than by direct debit, please add your bank account details in the payment options section on the claim form.
If you want us to pay your vet, please nominate this in the section ‘payment options’. Please note, this option is only available, if all parties involved consent to this payment option.
Select relevant claim form and fill out electronically
Pet insurance claim checklist
To help us process your claim quickly, make sure you have completed these steps:
- Ensure the form is fully completed before submitting your claim.
- The itemised invoice(s) and treatment notes from the veterinary practice or therapist are attached.
- If this is your first claim, your last claim was more than 12 months ago, please provide the full clinical history from both current and previous veterinary practices.
- Cross check with your Certificate of Insurance to make sure you are not claiming for items that are not claimable with your policy. These include, but not limited to: routine and preventative care (teeth cleaning, worming, desexing and vaccinations) and any illness that occurred within your waiting period and/or were pre-existing conditions.
- Know your policies excess amount before submitting the claim.
- Copies of all you claim documentation should be kept for your records.
Receive your claim
Once your claim is processed, you will receive an email to notify you of the outcome. A successful claim with Petcover will be paid in a choice of four ways:
- Paid direct to your vet. Please understand that we will not pay your vet unless it has been previously agreed with them to do so.
- Credited into your bank account that your monthly premium is direct debited from.
- Credited into the bank account that is nominated on the claims form at time of submission.
Get in touch
Monday – Friday: 8:30am to 5:00pm
Monday – Friday: 8.30am – 7.00pm
Saturday: 11:00am to 7:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm to 6:00pm
Telephone: 0800 255 426
Email: [email protected]