Charity partners terms and conditions
For charities and rescue groups setting up four week introductory insurance policies
For Charities and Rescue Groups setting up 4 Week Introductory Insurance Policies. This introductory insurance cover facility is offered in good faith to Charities and Rescue Groups for their clients as an introduction to the benefits of having an insured pet. By setting up the insurance for the puppies, kittens, small mammals, birds, reptiles and turtles of your clients you acknowledge and agree to abide by these terms and conditions.
You must be a current approved member of the Petcover Charity Partners Program.
The program is available to dog, cats, small mammals, reptiles and turtles. All animals must have been examined by a veterinarian prior to be being offered for adoption/sale.
- Dog and cats must be aged between 8 weeks and up to 5 years of age at the start of the policy and up to 3 years of age for selected breeds.
- Small mammals must be aged between 8 weeks and under 1 year of age at the start of the policy.
- Birds must be aged between 12 weeks and under 1 year of age at the start of the policy.
- Reptiles must be aged between 8 weeks of age and under 1 year of age at the start of the policy.
- Turtles must be aged between 12 weeks of age and under 1 years of age at the start of the policy.
New Owner Eligibility
The new owners must be Austrian residents and 18 years of age or older. The new owner has authorised you to set up the insurance cover.
Privacy and Legal
By setting up a Petcover 4 Weeks Introductory Cover you acknowledge that you have the customers permission that you will be disclosing the new owner’s personal information to Petcover to fulfil the online application for a free policy.
The personal information provided by you will be used in accordance with our full Privacy Notice (below). It is your responsibility to ensure that you have sought permission from the new owner to set up the Petcover Six Weeks Introductory Cover for their new puppy/kitten and confirmed that they are happy for their information to be shared with us.
Please refer the customer to our Privacy Notice which is included in their policy documents sent to them and available on our website https://petcovergroup.com/at.
- You will set up introductory policies in accordance with these terms and conditions taking into account the new owner’s best interests and advise them about the Introductory Cover prior to its inception by you.
- You do not charge the customer any fee for the set-up of an introductory insurance policy.
- You will not knowingly omit or misrepresent material facts about the puppy/kitten’s state of health.
- You will not provide advice on the Introductory Cover or any other insurance product offered by us or any other insurance providers,
- You will not mis-represent yourself as being part of our organisation; and
- You will not recommend a specific insurance product or insurance provider.
Setting up, amending or cancelling the cover
- You can set up the introductory cover up to 24 hours after the date of adoption/sale of the pet only. The start date of the policy will be the date of the adoption/sale
- Animals should be in good health and have shown no clinical signs or symptoms of any illness or injury.
- Any clinical signs, symptoms, illnesses, or injuries must be disclosed to us.
- When the cover is set up, we shall send an email to the new owner that:
- Confirms the cover has been set up and will start on the date as specified by you.
- Details the policy number and the expiry date of the introductory cover.
- All policy documents which outlines the full terms and conditions.
- Our details and those of the insurer.
- If you become aware of any errors or omissions, please contact us.
If you become of aware of any errors or omissions, please contact us by calling 0800 400 720 or email us [email protected]
When a 4 Week Introductory Cover you have set up is converted to an annual Petcover Insurance policy by the new owner you will accumulate a 10,00 € gift voucher for every policy.
Rewards are subject to the following:
- You are a member of the Petcover Charity Program
- You reside in Austria.
- We have received a minimum of 2 months premium on the paid insurance policy.
- The insured pet is the same as the covered on the Introductory cover.
- The annual policy holder and the Introductory Cover policy holder are the same person.
- Rewards can be accumulated for a period of 2 years at which time they will expire; and/or
- You acknowledge that any rewards may be liable for tax and it is your sole responsibility to make the appropriate declarations.
We reserve the right at our sole discretion to change the type, frequency or the amounts of rewards.
You agree to comply with the guidelines as set out in the Petcover Charity Partners Program Charter. We reserve the right at our sole discretion without notice or liability to:
- Withdraw the Four Week Introductory Insurance facility at any time.
- Change or remove any offer, benefits or items associated with the Petcover Charity Partners Program; and/or
- Change the terms and conditions.
When you use this facility and set up insurance cover you must adhere to the terms and conditions and must not deliberately misrepresent or omit any material facts about the animal’s state of health or knowingly provide incorrect information which may prejudice our decision to accept the insurance cover.
If you do, we reserve the right to:
- Refuse or withdraw permanently access to the Petcover Charity Partners Program and the Introductory Cover facility at any time, and/or
- Cease any further rewards.
You agree to provide us with information when requested if necessary so we can access factual information in support of any claim on a Four Week Introductory Cover set up by you or a subsequent annual policy set up by the new owner.
We continually monitor claims made on the Four Week Introductory Policies and based on the claims experience from the policies set up by you we may withdraw access to the Petcover Charity Partners Program and the Introductory Cover facility.
As a member of our Petcover Charity Partners Program and the Introductory Cover facility you warrant:
- You adhere to the values, principles and standards of the responsible sale of domestic pets maintaining minimum standards of accommodation, management and care appropriate to the physical and behavioural needs of animals in your care.
- You will not knowingly make available for sale an animal with a congenital or hereditary defect.
- You will maintain the required licensing and/or registration
- You have never been and are not currently the subject of any investigations by any Local, Government or other regulatory body; and
- You have not been convicted of any offence by any local, government or other regulatory body.