Pet shop registration
Petcover pet shop charter
Petcover is one of the world’s leading insurers of pets.
We are committed to provide the best insurance products for pets and peace of mind for pet owners, our work with Pet Shops committed to the responsible sale of domestic pets is at the core of this. As one of our Pet Shop Partners you can set up a 4 Week Introductory Insurance Policy for small mammals, birds, reptiles and turtles which you sell. This provides cover for veterinary fees associated with unexpected illness and injuries and should the worst happen the death of a pet
In association with the terms and conditions and your referrer agreement our Pet Shop Partner Charter outlines our expectations of the pet shops issuing our 4 Week Introductory Insurance Policies.
About the animals
- All animals have been examined by a veterinarian prior to being offer for sale and the following confirmed:
- Are in good health and have not been exposed to any infectious or contagious diseases prior to sale.
- Have been vaccinated as per standard veterinary recommendations.
- Have received the recommended preventative treatments for worms and other parasites.
- Have been checked for signs of any infestation by fleas, lice, mites or intestinal worms.
- Have shown no signs of vicious tendencies.
- Have been checked for the presence of clinical signs or symptoms of a congenital or hereditary condition or deformity.
Before the Sale
- You have advised the new owners of the breed characteristics and needs such as grooming, exercise, diet, housing and training to ensure that the prospective owner is aware of the commitment they are undertaking.
- Discuss any defects or any other matters a breeder of reasonable experience would consider relevant to the new owner’s decision to purchase the domestic pet in accordance with responsible sale of domestic pets.
- Provided details of any veterinary attention the pet has had and if requested provide details of your vet so the new owners can ask questions.
- Provide details of vaccination, worming, flea and any other preventative health treatment given to the small mammal, bird, reptile or turtle.
- Where applicable supply the new owner with registration and pedigree certificates and information regarding health screening of the small mammal, bird, reptile or turtle or its parents if they have been screened clear of a particular disease/anomaly.
- Recommend suitable training and/or breed clubs; and
- Provide a contract of sale.
When setting up an Introductory Policy
- Provide details of any veterinary attention provided including any veterinary attention that you are aware was provided to the small mammal, bird, reptile or turtle prior to sale; and
- Provide any other information that may be relevant.
By setting up Petcover Introductory Cover for your animals you agree
- To follow the guidelines as set out in this charter, and
- To abide by the Petcover Pet Shop Program terms and conditions at all times.