Petcover breeder charter
Petcover is one of the world’s leading insurers of pets.
We are committed to provide the best care for pets and peace of mind for pet owners. Our work with responsible breeders is the core of this.
As a responsible breeder you can set up a 6 Week Introductory Insurance Policy for the new owners of the puppies/kittens you sell. This provides cover for veterinary fees associated with unexpected illness and injuries and should the worst happen – the death of a new pet.
In association with our Terms and Conditions our Breeder Charter outlines our expectations of Breeders issuing our 6 Week Introductory Insurance Policies.
About the Puppies/Kittens
As a breeder you are satisfied that to the best of your knowledge and veterinary advice that all puppies/kittens sold:
- Are in good health and have not been exposed to any infectious or contagious diseases prior to sale.
- Have been vaccinated as per standard veterinary recommendation.
- Show no signs of infestation by fleas, lice, mites or intestinal worms.
- Are not sold prior to reaching 8 weeks of age; and
- Have been socialised and handled regularly since birth.
Before the Sale
- You have advised the new owners of the breed characteristics and needs such as grooming, exercise, diet, housing and training to ensure that the prospective owner is aware of the commitment they are undertaking.
- Discuss any defects or any other matters a breeder of reasonable experience would consider relevant to the new owner’s decision to purchase the puppy/kitten in accordance with responsible breeding practices.
- Provided details of any veterinary attention the puppy/kitten has had and if requested provide details of your vet so the new owners can ask questions.
- Provide details of vaccination, worming, flea, and any other preventative health treatment given to the puppy/kitten.
- Where applicable supply the new owner with registration and pedigree certificates and information regarding health screening of the puppy/kitten or its parents if they have been screened clear of a particular disease/anomaly.
- Recommend suitable training and/or breed clubs; and
- Provide a suitable puppy/kitten contract.
By setting up Petcover Introductory Cover for your Puppies/Kittens you agree
- To follow the guidelines as set out in this charter, and
- To abide by the Petcover Breeder Program terms and conditions at all times.