You have been redirected to petcovergroup.com as Petplan no longer offers introductory cover. Our free introductory policies are now provided by Petcover. Petplan and Petcover are both part of the Petcover Group.
Petcover veterinary charter
As one of our veterinary partners, you are able to provide 4 weeks free introductory insurance cover for your client’s to protect their puppies, kittens, small mammals, birds, reptiles and turtles. This provides cover for veterinary fees associated with unexpected illness and injuries. In conjunction with the Terms & Conditions and your Referrer Agreement our Veterinary Partner Charter outlines our expectations of the veterinarians issuing our 4 weeks free introductory cover.
About the animals
As a veterinarian you have examined and are satisfied that all puppies, kittens, small mammals, birds, reptiles and turtles:
- Are in good health and have not to your knowledge been exposed to any infectious or contagious diseases.
- Have been vaccinated as per standard veterinary recommendations.
- Have been checked for signs of any infestation by fleas, lice, mites or intestinal worms.
- Have been checked for the presence of clinical signs or symptoms of a congenital or hereditary condition or deformity.
- Have been microchipped unless in your expert opinion this would be detrimental to the health of the animal, and
- The following dog breeds (including cross breeds) must have a Petcover health check form completed:
- Bulldogs (All varieties)
- Dogue De Bordeaux (French Mastiff)
- Shar Pei
- Boston Terrier
When setting up an introductory policy
- Provide details of any veterinary attention provided by you to the animal or any veterinary attention not provided by you that you are aware of.
- Provide details of vaccination, worming, flea and any other preventative health treatment given to the animal, and
- Provide any other information that may be relevant.
By offering Petcover introductory cover for your client’s animals you agree
- To follow the guidelines as set out in this charter.
- To abide by the Petcover veterinary partner program Terms & Conditions at all times, and
- To abide by the terms of your Referrers Agreement.