Make a claim
Going to the vet can be stressful, so we’ve made making a claim easy. We are here to help you along the way.
Making a claim
Simply select and fully complete the appropriate claim form (below), then email it alongside supporting receipts and vet consultation notes to email@example.com. You can take a photo with your mobile or scan your supporting documents.
Alternatively, if you’d like to submit your claim via post, please send documents to:
Petcover Aust Pty Ltd
1-3 Smolic Crt
Tullamarine VIC 3043
Please note claims sent by post will take longer to receive which may affect processing times. Please keep a copy of your claim.
Select relevant claim form and fill out electronically
Pet insurance claim checklist
To help us process your claim quickly, make sure you have completed these steps:
- Ensure the form is fully completed before submitting your claim.
- The itemised invoice(s) and treatment notes from the veterinary practice or therapist are attached.
- If this is your first claim, your last claim was more than 12 months ago, please provide the full clinical history from both current and previous veterinary practices.
- Cross check with your Certificate of Insurance to make sure you are not claiming for items that are not claimable with your policy. These include, but not limited to: routine and preventative care (teeth cleaning, worming, desexing and vaccinations) and any illness that occurred within your waiting period and/or were pre-existing conditions.
- Know your policies excess amount before submitting the claim.
- Copies of all you claim documentation should be kept for your records.
Receive your claim
Once your claim is processed, you will receive an email to notify you of the outcome. A successful claim with Petcover will be paid in a choice of four ways:
- Paid direct to your vet. Please understand that we will not pay your vet unless it has been previously agreed with them to do so.
- Credited into your bank account that your monthly premium is direct debited from.
- Credited into the bank account that is nominated on the claims form at time of submission.
- Cheque sent to you via mail.
Get in touch
Claims department is available:
Monday-Friday: 8.30am to 5:30pm