Pet shop partners program terms and conditions
Petcover pet shop partners program
For Pet Shops setting up Four Week Introductory Insurance Policies
This introductory insurance cover facility is offered in good faith to Pet Shops committed to the responsible sale of domestic pets for their clients as an introduction to the benefits of having an insured pet. By setting up the insurance for the puppies, kittens, small mammals, birds, reptiles and turtles of your clients you acknowledge and agree to abide by these terms and conditions.
You must be a current approved member of the Petcover Pet Shop Partners Program.
The program is available to puppies, kittens, small mammals, reptiles and turtles.
All animals must have been examined by a veterinarian prior to being offered for sale.
- Puppies and kittens must be aged between 8 weeks and under 1 year of age at the start of the policy.
- Small mammals must be aged between 8 weeks and under 1 year of age at the start of the policy.
- Birds must be aged between 12 weeks and under 1 year of age at the start of the policy.
- Reptiles must be aged between 8 weeks of age and under 1 year of age at the start of the policy.
- Turtles must be aged between 12 weeks of age and under 1 year of age at the start of the policy.
- All of the following breeds must have been examined by a veterinarian within 7 days of the date of sale to qualify for the Introductory Insurance cover:
- Bulldogs (All varieties)
- Dogue De Bordeaux (French Mastiff)
- Shar Pei
- Boston Terrier
New Owner Eligibility
The new owners must be Australian residents and 18 years of age or older.
The new owner has authorised you to set up the insurance cover.
Privacy and Legal
By Setting up a Petcover Four Weeks Introductory Cover you acknowledge that you will be disclosing the new owner’s personal information to Petcover.
The personal information provided by you will be used in accordance with our full Privacy Notice (below).
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have sought permission from the new owner to set up the Petcover Four Weeks Introductory Cover for their new puppy, kitten, small mammal, bird, reptile or turtle and confirmed that they are happy for their information to be shared with us.
- You will set up introductory policies in accordance with these terms and conditions and advise them about the about the Introductory Cover prior to its inception by you.
- You will not knowingly omit or misrepresent material facts about the animal’s state of health.
- You will not provide advice about the Introductory Cover or any other insurance product offered by us or any other insurance providers; and
- You will not recommend a specific insurance product or insurance provider.
Setting up, amending or cancelling the cover
- You can set up the introductory cover up to 24 hours after the date of sale of the pet only. The start date of the policy will be the date of sale.
- Animals should be in good health and have shown no clinical signs or symptoms of any illness or injury.
- Any clinical signs, symptoms, illnesses or injuries must be disclosed to us.
- When the cover is set up, we shall send an email to the new owner that:
- Confirms the cover has been set up and will start on the date as specified by you.
- Details the policy number and the expiry date of the introductory cover
- A Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) & Financial Services Guide (FSG) which outlines the full terms and conditions.
- Our details and those of the insurer.
If you become of aware of any errors or omissions, please contact us by calling 1300 731 324 or email us [email protected].
You agree to comply with the guidelines as set out in the Petcover Pet Shop Partners Program Charter.
We reserve the right at our sole discretion without notice or liability to:
- Withdraw the Four Week Introductory Insurance facility at any time.
- Change or remove any offer, benefits or items associated with the Petcover Pet Shop Partners Program, and/or
- Change the terms and conditions.
When you use this facility and set up insurance cover you must adhere to the terms and conditions and must not deliberately misrepresent or omit any material facts about the animals state of health or knowingly provide incorrect information which may prejudice our decision to accept the insurance cover.
If you do, we reserve the right to:
- Refuse or withdraw permanently access to the Petcover Pet Shop Partners Program and the Introductory Cover facility at any time, and/or
- Cease any further rewards.
You agree to provide us with information when requested if necessary so we can access factual information in support of any claim on a Four Week Introductory Cover set up by you or a subsequent annual policy set up by the new owner.
We continually monitor claims made on the Four Week Introductory policies and based on the claims experience from the policies set up by you we may withdraw access to the Petcover Pet Shop Partners Program and the Introductory Cover facility.
As a member of our Petcover Pet Shop Partners Program and the Introductory Cover facility you warrant:
- You adhere to the values, principles and standards of the responsible breeding & sale of domestic pets.
- You will not knowingly make available for sale any animal with a congenital or hereditary defect.
- You will maintain the required licensing and/or registration in your state or territory.
- You have never been and are not currently the subject of any investigations by any Local, Government or other regulatory body, and/or
- You have not been convicted of any offence by any Local, Government or other regulatory body.