Petcover veterinary charter
Petcover is one of the world’s leading insurers of pets.
We are committed to provide the most comprehensive range of insurance products for pets and peace of mind for German pet owners our work with our Animal Charities and Rescue groups is at the core of this.
As one of our Veterinary Partners you can set up a 4 Week Introductory Insurance policy for puppies, kittens, birds, small mammals, reptiles, or turtles when they are adopted. This provides cover for veterinary fees associated with unexpected illness and injuries and should the worst happen the death of a pet.
In conjunction with the Terms and conditions and your Referrer agreement our Veterinary Partner Charter outlines our expectations of the Veterinarians issuing our Four Week Introductory Insurance Policies.
About the Animals
As a Veterinarian you have examined and are satisfied that all puppies, kittens, small mammals, birds, reptiles and turtles:
- Are in good health and have not to your knowledge been exposed to any infectious or contagious diseases.
- Have been vaccinated as per standard veterinary recommendations.
- Have been checked for signs of any infestation by fleas, lice, mites or intestinal worms.
- Have been checked for the presence of clinical signs or symptoms of a congenital or hereditary condition or deformity.
- Are not showing signs of vicious tendencies.
- Are not clinically overweight.
- Have been microchipped unless in your expert opinion this would be detrimental to the health of the animal, and
- All of the following dog breeds must have a Petcover health check form completed (this includes any crosses of these breeds):
- Bulldogs (All varieties)
- Dogue De Bordeaux (French Mastiff)
- Shar Pei
- Boston Terrier
When setting up an Introductory Policy
- Provide details of any veterinary attention provided by you to the puppy, kitten, bird, reptile or turtle or any veterinary attention not provided by you that you are aware of.
- Provide details of vaccination, worming, flea and any other preventative health treatment given to the puppy, kitten, small mammal, bird, reptile or turtle; and
- Provide any other information that may be relevant.
By setting up a Petcover Introductory Cover for your client’s animals you agree
- To follow the guidelines as set out in this charter.
- To abide by the Petcover Veterinary Partner Program terms and conditions at all times.